Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Deliberate Pace



I still have a head full of this author's insights and I'm loving her affirmation that it is okay to be in charge of my own pace - despite the rat race inside and outside of my head.  I think this might be my favorite quote from her book that I can't seem to stop blogging about, 'The Gift of an Ordinary Day.'

"...if I don't take the time to tune in to my own more deliberate pace, 
I end up moving to someone else's, 
the speed of events around me setting a tempo 
that leaves me feeling scattered and out of touch with myself."
~Katrina Kenison


And I love this, too, from 'The Parent's Tao Te Ching' by William Martin...

"Do you have agendas for your children that are more important than the children themselves? Lost in the shuffle of uniforms, practices, games, recitals, and performances can be the creative and joyful soul of your child. Watch and listen carefully. Do they have time to daydream? From their dreams will emerge the practices and activities that will make self discipline as natural as breathing."


No comments: